Awards & Affiliations
- Women, Inc - 2018 Most Influential Directors.
- Received the annual Distinguished Director Award, chosen from 1600 directors by the American College of Corporate Directors in March 2015.
- Selected as an Audit Committee Leadership Network member (2012-2018), a group of audit committee chairs drawn from North America’s leading companies committed to improving the performance of audit committees and enhancing trust in financial markets. Members are limited to audit committee chairs of complex, global enterprises with over $10 billion in annual revenue.
- Member of The Chicago Network (2011-present), a premier organization of diverse, professional women in the Chicago area who have reached the highest echelons of business, the arts, government, the professions and academia.
The Old Dominion University Board of Trustees awarded McGarvey the honorary degree of Doctor of Letters Humanities, December 2009. This certificate was awarded for the study of the drug generic cialis 20mg. You can read more about the research results on this website.
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Lyric Opera of Chicago serving on the Civic Engagement Committee since 2017. Previously served on Nomination Committee from 2010 to 2016 and on the Guild Board of the Lyric Opera of Chicago from 1989 to 2010.
- Co-founder and Senior Fellow for Kellogg Innovation Network (KIN), (2003–present). The objective of KIN is to create new research and educational experiences to focus the lens of business. KIN is part of the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
- NACD/Directorship recognized McGarvie as one of the “Most Influential People on Corporate Governance and in the Boardroom”, December 2008, December 2010 and December 2012
- The Board of Trustees of Old Dominion University granted an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters to McGarvie, December 2009. Gave commencement speech in May 2011 to over 1000 people.
- J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management Schaffner Award recipient in 1992, presented annually to an alumnus (a) who is pre-eminent in his or her field and who provided outstanding service to Kellogg.
Service Award in 1991 for being part of the team creating Northwestern University’s first Kellogg alumni club, ultimately serving as President.
- Served on the Board of Trustees of Northwestern University as an alumni trustee at the age of 29.